Berth dimensions

Previous topic - Next topic

crieders

Could bow berth, at its widest, really be 86" as someone measured it? I wanted to get a topper from Overstock. com but thats wider than a King. Unfortunately I live approx 200 miles from the boat or I could run out and measure it.
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Jon Schneider

Yes, that's about right, but you'll be fine with a king; it's just short 3" on either side.
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

BillG

I used a king size and it is only short a couple of inches on each side at the corners only, and you you won't even notice that when sleeping.  Best of all my upgrades.
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

Peter Lewis

We used a Queen-sized foam topper that we cut semi-diagonally, turning it into two pieces with the same dimensions as the existing triangular upholstered cushions.  Sure, there is a split down the middle, but that allows you to flip up the cushions without rolling up the topper first.  You can do this   with one cut and it covers the entire berth with no leftover!

Terry Forshier

That is correct get the King. WE just ordered one from overrstock and cut it  and what a difference. WE got the 2 inch Serta. Never noticed the missing little pieces.

Ron Hill

Cliff : I believe it's been written up, but all C34s have slightly differant Vberth dimensions.  The best you can do is get someone with your year production, but thats no guarantee your is the same.  Sorry about that, but that is what happens.   
Ron, Apache #788

RV61

on My 86mk1 the widest is 86". The admiral used king sheets and matress pad when customizing to fit. I think the length of the king sheet was used for V berth width and width of sheet used for length of v-berth as debtn of vberth is 76". We ut in a few inches of memory foam on top of cushions then matress and leave the insert in. Sleep better than at home.     
Rick V
Interlude
1986 Hull #237
Lake Erie