boom reefing blocks

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobg

On my mast boom, I have 2 Garhauer reefing blocks, they slide on a track and have a part which goes in the holes on the slide to lock them where you want them, the part that goes in the track holes are missing, does anyone know of a fix other than buying the whole block?  Thank You, 88 catalina 34  Bob
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Ron Hill

Bob : Contact Garhauer (909)985-7513 and they can help and send you the missing threaded stops.   
Ron, Apache #788

Michael

Bob, as Ron says, contact Garhauer.  I needed a single old-style mast collar block a few weeks ago, and they could not have been more helpful.
Michael MacLeod, "Hali" 1997 Hull #1352, Universal M-35B engine, Vancouver, BC

dgill

Also check Catalina Direct.  They have them on their web site for $42.95 each.
www.catalinadirect.com

D. Gill
First Point of Aries
1987 - Hull # 389
located on Lake Ogleton, Annapolis, Md

Ken Juul

You will probably not have to adjust the location of the reef blocks that often, so the fancy knurled knob really isn't necessary.  I replaced mine with a stainless hex head bolt from Ace Hardware.  I don't remember the size but it is a common diameter and pitch.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Bobg

Thank you ken very much, exactly the answer I was fishing for, don't know why I didn't think of it myself, I guess we get got up in expensive boat stuff and forget there are alternatives.   Bob
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Stu Jackson

Bob, Ken's right, sometimes our very best marine stores are ACE Hardware!  Did that myself just today for some stuff.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."