Leaky fuel tank – How to get rid of odor, Reuse old fuel & Tank Photos

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Sayian

Had a Rectalcranial inversion with the photos.  Try again...

Cookie,

Here are some pictures I took last fall when I removed my tank.  Should give you an idea of the connections.

Steve
Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

Stu Jackson

Quote from: kiencarlos18 on June 04, 2009, 10:21:27 PM
They should to get it,then all from the  West Marine sells a funnel that filters the fuel as it is poured into the tank.

There are two different filters.  The West Marine product and the "original" Baha filter.  Both are "funnel" filters.  The West Marine filter has been reported to be problematical in that cleaning it ends up to be a difficult task.  The Baha filter is more costly, but preferred.

I'm not sure what the filter link kien provided was for, since it showed furnace filters.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Guys , Susan & D. Gill : Be careful of the filter and read what they filter!!  I believe that the West Marine funnel filters - separate out the water, not any microbe particulates!!  A thought
Ron, Apache #788

kienchen

I guess that if they had,there somebody mentioned a miracle cleaner for getting rid of diesel odor.