Universal Diesel Cabota (Kubota) engine number equivalents list?

Previous topic - Next topic

nickseeger

Hi all, I have a 1989 C34 with a Universal Diesel engine in it. It seems that parts are getting hard to get for my model, but since it's actually a Kubota engine, does anyone have a conversion list, or engine number for Kubota, or Kubota parts that are the same as the Universal diesel engine? I'm currently after a head cover gasket for the valve cover and keep getting one for a newer engine model than mine. Any all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nick Seeger

Thanks for everyone's responses. With the correct spelling and Kubota tractor info you've given me everything I was looking for. NS

Jon Schneider

Oh boy, I get to play the role of Stu if I can type this fast enough  :clap  First of all, it's a Kubota.  Here's a search that will lead you to many answers: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?action=search2  BTW, are you really having trouble finding "official" Universal parts?  Have you tried Torresen or Hansen Marine?  Hansen tends to be cheaper, but Torresen has online ordering available.
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Ray & Sandy Erps

Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Stu Jackson

Dang, spelling really does help

It's Kubota

The spelling police will now retire for the foreseeable future... :D

Nick, have you seen the Projects by Dave Sanner?  See: http://www.c34.org/projects/queimada/m25xp/
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Nick : When you go to the Kubota dealer they usually look up the engine parts by the tractor number.  For your M25XP Universal the Kubota engine is a D950 engine which is in a B7200 tractor.    :D
Ron, Apache #788