CNG gas and refill adapter instructions

Previous topic - Next topic

jkar

Here is a picture of mine.  In Detroit there are CNG stations all over.  Last time cost me $1.50 to fill the tank.  The energy company has a 24hr lot that makes it super nice.  I don't remember all the parts, but when I find that I will post.  The CNG side is stamped Sherex 02 CDN.

Tom Soko

Dgill and Ken,
Back in 2004 Jim Accetta (C34 #92) was kind enough to send me the parts list and instructions on how to build a CNG adapter.  I tried to post them here, but the file size was too large, so I sent it to Mark for posting.  If I remember correctly, the total cost was about $125, but it has since paid for itself twice over.  My last tank refill was $2.10, as opposed to $50 at our local "friendly" marina (it frosts me every time I think about it!)  I would guess that in most metropolitan areas there are a few service stations with CNG pumps for local taxi fleets, etc.  Hope this helps.
Tom Soko
"Juniper" C400 #307
Noank, CT

Ken Juul

Here is the picture and part description.

Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

dgill

Thanks for getting the info to this list.  The part numbers/descriptions will be very useful in assembling this "adapter".  The cost will be quickly recouped as you so correctly point out.  It is a shame that Corps Bros refuses to provide this item as a for sale part.  I asked them about it a couple of years ago and their response was 'we are working on it and it should be available in a year or so'.  Guess they still make money shipping the tanks all over.   Will look for this on our projects page soon.  Thanks very much.
:D
First Point of Aries
1987 - Hull # 389
located on Lake Ogleton, Annapolis, Md

Ken Juul

Jim Brenner sent me the picture because it was too big for him to post.  If you send the instructions will get them posted, either here or in Projects.

kenandvic@cox.net
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Tom Soko

Mervdog, Ken, Stu, and others,
I'd be happy to send the large pdf to anyone who wants it.  It contains pictures, parts list, and instructions.  Drop me a note at tjsoko@aol.com
Tom Soko
"Juniper" C400 #307
Noank, CT

Stu Jackson

Thanks to Tom S for this information

Click on the filename (01parts.doc) and either open or save to read

Thanks also to Al Landry, who sent me a hard copy of this material.

Al added the following handwritten notes to the text in the .doc file below:

Info:  The CGA 350 Nut is Western Enterprises P/N WES82.  The nipple is P/N WES83.  If a welding shop can't get them, they can be ordered on-line from www.airgas.com.  In February 2006 the price was $12.62 including shipping.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stu Jackson

directions
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Stu Jackson

Connecticut suppliers

Stu Jackson

invoice

Stu Jackson

See changes to Reply #21 above.  Thanks again to all for providing this important and helpful information.

Mark Elkin

The CNG refill adapter has been added to the Projects section.  The web page is http://c34.org/projects/projects-cng-refill-adapter.html.
Mark S Elkin

Stu Jackson