Replacement Circuit Breaker Sources

Previous topic - Next topic

jmnpe

In a previous post I made reference to replacements for the push/push thermal circuit breakers [ E-T-A models 45-700-SIO-DD ] found in all of the older C34 electrical panels. Having now had to deal with that subject in more detail  :( I can refine that information a little.

For all of the thermal E-T-A circuit breakers of 25 amps and less, the current root part number is 2-5700-iG1-K10-DD, and they are available from Digikey [ www.digikey.com ] or Allied Electronics [ www.alliedelec.com ]. All versions run about $18 plus shipping.

Since the current E-T-A series no longer includes a 30 amp variant, a usable replacement that will fit the existing hole, has screw terminals, but does not include the push/push function ( but can still be turned OFF by pulling the shaft outward ) is Tyco Electronics ( P&B to those who remember...) W23 series. The 30 amp version part number is W23-X1A1G-30 and is available from Allied Electronics or Mouser Electronics [ www.mouser.com ]. This part is about $20 plus shipping.

Regards,

John
John Nixon
Otra Vez
1988 Hull # 728

efhughes3

Well, I guess I need to keep this thread alive....

I installed a new battery charger today, and cannot run it and the water heater at the same time, without the main 30a breaker going. Seems like a semi-common issue. I'm going to call Seaward first on Monday morning and see if they have the OEM part-if not, I'll try this one.

Other than that, I love the new ProMariner 1220P charger.  :thumb:
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC

Paulus

I had to replace my 30Amp circuit breaker last season on my way to the North Channel.  Called Catalina Direct but they would not sell me one.  I called Seaward and they had one shipped to a marine that I was stopping at.  They were very good and new exactly what I needed.
I had called Torresen Marine were I keep the boat.  The store could not get them but found out that at the shop they had all kinds of them.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Ron Hill

Guys : Seaward usually has all of the replacement parts for the main electrical panel in stock.

The only one that I've found that they no longer stock is the larger lighted propane switch (1986/87/88 C34s). 
You can get one from "SeaDog" that will fit the hole.  a thought
Ron, Apache #788

efhughes3

Quote from: Paulus on March 11, 2012, 06:07:08 AM
I had to replace my 30Amp circuit breaker last season on my way to the North Channel.  Called Catalina Direct but they would not sell me one.  I called Seaward and they had one shipped to a marine that I was stopping at.  They were very good and new exactly what I needed.
I had called Torresen Marine were I keep the boat.  The store could not get them but found out that at the shop they had all kinds of them.
Paul

My experience with Seaward mirrors yours Paul. Dennis at x210 is the panel guy. The breaker was $43.10 and is on the way.
Ed Hughes
SDYC

Paulus

Ed, Seaward are great people to deal with.  Just a note of caution, area behind the panel is tight and I managed to drop the first screw.  It still has not turned up in the bilge, but someday it will.   Good luck.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

efhughes3

Quote from: Paulus on March 12, 2012, 02:25:06 PM
Ed, Seaward are great people to deal with.  Just a note of caution, area behind the panel is tight and I managed to drop the first screw.  It still has not turned up in the bilge, but someday it will.   Good luck.
Paul

Thanks for the heads up

PS- the company I work for is based in Muskegon.
Ed Hughes
SDYC