Anyone know the size of the berths?

Previous topic - Next topic

sailingdream

Does anyone have the size of the berths? The forward and aft on hand? There is a sale on memory foam and wanted to pick up some but didn't want to take the drive back down to the boat. it's a 1990 yr.
Thanks

Ron Hill

Huck : Sorry to say that each production year had a slightly different V-berth measurement.  We usually just get king size sheets/blankets/foam padding and they seem to work fine.  As I recall I've never had to cut anything off of the bottom to make the foam fit. 
We now have a custom made mattress.  Hope this helps.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

BillG

Happened to have my cushions at home and laid them out and took some measurements.  The forward  cabin is 86 inches wide at the top, 22 at the bottom and 76 inches down the center line. Those would be for an 87, hull 446.
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

sailingdream

Thanks Bill, Would you happen to know what the measurements are for the aft?

BillG

The aft cabin is not a rectangle,  one side is 64 inches, the side is 82 inches and the width is 54.  I just purchased some 2 inch memory foam from overstock.com, great price.
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

sailingdream

Great! Thanks Bill. I know it might be a bit different size wise for each hull(btw, I have 1019) but I was just looking for the rough measurements so I can make sure I get bigger then I need.