trouble with Catalina parts

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Martinson

I am having extreme difficulty with getting part numbers let alone order same with Catalina....is there any advice on this?  I also don't understand the relationship between Catalina Direct and the factory...is there one?  I need a new holding tank and 2 shives for my outhaul in my boom....I have had problems in the past getting a drain piece for my head sink - took 4 deliveries over 2 months before I actually received the correct parts.   Is there a better way or procedure for this?  Thanks

Chris
Chris Martinson
More Therapy
1989 Hull # 945

Ted Pounds

For the shives (sheevs?, sheves?) give Gauhauer a call.  I'm sure they can fix you right up.  For the tank call (don't e-mail) the parts department at Catalina.  Ask them for the part number and their fax number and then fax them your order.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Stu Jackson

It's sheaves.

Catalina Direct has not relationship with Catalina Yachts.  CD started out as a Catalina 22 parts distributor in Sacramento, CA, and grew.

Ted's right, as we've said many times before, CY doesn't do email well at all.  Use the telephone or a fax to the parts dept.

You may be aware that the Mark I parts list is on this website.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

sailingdolphin

Catalina Direct gets some of there parts from Catalina Yachts they communicate with each other.  Thats what the parts dept. and tech support at Catalina told me.

I was standing in the parts dept when someone called in for a particular part and the parts guy recommended to contact Catalina Direct for that part and gave them the website.
Doug and Donna #171

Jeff Kaplan

chris, if you need part #'s and help, get in touch with kent in tech. dept. at catalina. he is an invaluable source of info. as i have an older boat, i have called him numerous times and he has supplied me with all pt #'s i have needed. you then call parts dept. with info, including boat year and hull #.  the holding tank, same one used throughout the years, is pt # 60170[b-179]. cost back in oct of 2004 was $93.50 plus frt.  get the outhaul sheaves from cat. direct, pt # z1923, $8.95ea, in 2006....jeff
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Jon Schneider

Chris, for the outhaul sheaves, just remove them and measure them.  I think you'll find that Harken has the exact replacments.  I bought replacements at a West Marine store. 
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Jeff Kaplan

chris, the part # i gave above for the outhaul sheaves from cat. direct are the exact ones needed. i got them and replaced my cracked ones...jeff
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Ron Hill

Chris : As Stu said Catalina Direct and Catalina factory parts are 2 separate companies.
Look at our web site for the Catalina parts list and when you call the factory you can give them the "parts #"

For a holding tank call the factory
For outhaul blocks/sheaves call Garhauer (the factory and Cat Direct both get them from Garhauer!!)
For new galley drain pieces get them from West Marine or Defender (OR make the galley sink drain mod in the Tech Notes and NEVER have a leak again - the sinks will also drain 10 times faster!!)
For head sink drain pieces go to the factory.  Catalina direct MIGHT have that piece??   :wink:

Ron, Apache #788