Adler-Barbour Cold Machine Manual, Pre-1998

Previous topic - Next topic

jmnpe

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have one of the "old" Cold Machine user manuals ( pre-1998 ) that they would be willing to scan? The factory ( now Waeco ) has no formal information available on any of the pre-1998 equipment. No joke :(..... My copy went away with the previous boat. Stu and I are trying to troubleshoot a mystery problem with his Cold Machine, and hard data would be very useful.

An electronic copy would be handy to have posted with the other manuals on this site since they are otherwise not available.

Thanks for any help.

John
John Nixon
Otra Vez
1988 Hull # 728

Steve Sayian

John,

I have a manual that is copyright dated 1985.  It was in the binder of manuals when I bought the boat in 2005.

I'd be happy to pdf it tomorrow when I go back to my office and send it to you.

Steve
Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

Jon Schneider

Did you look through the installation manual that Waeco has online (http://www.waecousa.com/page.aspx?p=install)?  I don't think a whole ton has changed in the basic Cool Machine other than the coolant and the thermostatic control. 
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

jmnpe

Thanks, Steve. That would be great. My email is jmnpe@flash.net. I managed to find a copy of the first published manual in pdf. but it still has the old original giant controller and a 3 wire hookup to the outside world. I am pretty sure that by the mid-80s the original controller had been changed to the "plastic box" version that most people are more accustomed to seeing.

Jon, you are correct that much of it is the same, but after 1998 the whole compressor changed from a DC motor to an inverter driven AC motor. The controller is much more sophisticated than the one used on the original DC motor versions and has many safety features not found on the original system.

Thanks to all for the help.

John
John Nixon
Otra Vez
1988 Hull # 728

Ron Hill

John : If you are still looking for a Cold machine manual let me know and I'll make a copy of mine.  It's the version that came with my 1988 C34.  It's on the boat and I'll have to get it next week.  :D
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

I just emailed John and let him know I have the original manual and can get him a copy.  Thanks, Ron.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Sundance

Any chance the manual can be posted under the manuals section?  Like many others, the PO has left me almost no manuals.  I'm slowly gathering them.
Jeff
2001 C34 #1581
"Sundance"
Sandusky, OH

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."