Wireless LED Puck Lights

Previous topic - Next topic

waterdog

I made one of those COSTCO discoveries this weekend.   4-Packs of wireless LED lights for $13.   They have 5 LEDs, tilt and swivel, come with velcro or screw mount, and are powered by 3 AAA batteries - 12 Duracells are included in the cost.   They even have an auto-on feature if you stick them in a dark cupboard.   I bought two packs. 

These are a great solution for dark areas where you need occasional light.   A set of batteries will last a couple of years.   My engine compartment now glows.  No more flashlight in the teeth.  And no need to run a wire, a switch and maintain a circuit.  I put one over the nav table - for some reason, I always want to check one last thing - after I've turned off the main panel switch. 

I think others are destined for the v-berth storage area and the cockpit lockers.   Places where occasionally it would be nice to have a light, but I don't necessarily want to have wires running or go to the expense or trouble of installing a fixture. 

The brand is LUMEN. 

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Craig Illman

Another good spot is inside the icebox. When I hinged my icebox lid, it blocked the florescent fixture mounted under the cabinet. The LED puck works great and doesn't generate any heat.

Craig

Jack Hutteball

I picked up a pack of led strip lights at Costco, same manufacturer, and installed one under the microwave cabinet above the stove which was a dark spot on our boat.  I have even thought putting a couple on the bottom of my hard dodger for a little outside light when sitting in the cockpit at night.
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Bob K

they also make a good cockpit light when stuck on the bimini with velcro.
Bob K
Prosit
1992 #1186
Northern Chesapeake Bay