GARHAUER E Z GLIDE FOR 2004 MK II

Previous topic - Next topic

dave davis

There seems to be some communication problem having to do with the method used to haul the lead forward. The line is sent up on the side of the cockpit as shown on the attached photo. the photo makes it clear. The text is not very clear. You know, 1000 words---
Dave Davis San Francisco, 707, Wind Dragon, 1988, South Beach

dave davis

This Photo shows the position of the lead line much better than the text.

dave davis

See Photo

Momentum M

Guys...just to let you know that I had the chance to try my new EZ Glide for the first time this past w-e.  I'm very happy with it and the pointing of the boat has improved by 12-15° !!!  I never dawn on my that the adjustment would make such a BIG difference.  The truth is that the admiral prefers to relax/read than participate in manoeuvre so many time my car wasn't at the right adjustments so I sailled that way.  Now, if there's any change in my directions or wind, a kick pull or release on the sheet will adjust accordingly.

It's by far the best upgrade I've ever made to the boat so for some 400$ it's really worth it.  I highly recommend it and if you have problems pointing, that will help you tremendously.

It went on very easily....the only adjustment I had to made is that the fore block has a 3/8" bolt (with a large slotted head) and, unless you want the bolt to hold the block in place by simple pressure on the track - I was afraid that it might slip under some heavy pressure, so a friend of mine (tool maker) brought the bolts home and with is lathe turned it to 5/16" to fit the hole in the tracks.  Now the bock is held in place by the bolt "in" the track not "on" the track.
Serge & Carole Cardinal
C 34 Mk II 2005 - 1719
Wing Keel
Fresh water, Ontario Lake, Canada/Usa
On Hard from Oct to May

Stu Jackson

Some housekeeping:  a link to an installation for older boat recessed tracks:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,4524.0.html
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."