Table Pedestal Paint

Previous topic - Next topic

sedelange

Does anyone know the color of the paint that was used on the table pedestal on an early C34?  There is some corrosion and i don't want to install it on top of the new floorboards in its current condition.
Steve E DeLange
1986 C34,   1971 C27
Galveston Bay, Texas

Terry Forshier

My 1988 is not painted. I would think that since it slides up and down on a vacuum like system with inner and outer cylinders that it is not to be painted. I remember an earlier post said that you do not lubricate them either. 

sedelange

I am sorry I wasn't very clear.  I need to repaint the pedestal base.  The piston assembly is not painted but the base seems to be a gold/silver paint of some sort.
Steve E DeLange
1986 C34,   1971 C27
Galveston Bay, Texas

Ted Pounds

I would suggest you sand it and then paint it whatever color you want with a good quality spray paint (Rust-O-Leum?).
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Stu Jackson

I agree with Ted.  Trying to find the right matching color would be harder than just getting something similar and doing the whole thing.  The old M25 engine color is close enough to our pedestal color.  I remember is as being a GM Camel color.  If you search on Camel, I think you'll find it.  Heck, be creative and paint it with racing stripes! :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Steve : To answer your question - the bases (top & bottom) are a light gold color. 
As others have mentioned, use a good grade spray paint.    :thumb:
Ron, Apache #788