cabin sole

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyT

Just adding some more info for future reference.
As of today: World Panel has locations in Northern Florida and Northern NC.  (if you want to save the $250 on shipping).
In South Carolina, East Teak in Donald, SC has 4x8 3/8" teak and Holly panels for $179 per panel, available for pickup. 
Annie C  1990 C34  Hull #1041   Charleston, SC

Hugh17

Quote from: Jon Schneider on December 10, 2007, 02:44:24 PM
Have you considered refinishing your sole?  While a new sole would no doubt be even nicer, I had really good luck with rejuvenating the sole on my 1990 (wish I could do the same for my soul) by stripping, sanding (you can sand more than you might think), and finishing with Ultimate Sole (miraculous product).  It might be worth trying the worst panel (perhaps the one at the companionway?) to see if you like the results before you go to the trouble of re-fitting all the sole with new boards.  You might be surprised at the difference.

I refinished the flooring panels in my boat #299 after purchasing her. The floor panels had actually been under water because the PO didn't check the boat for months and the bilge pump had failed. See the attacked picture of the several step process.

James H. Newsome
s/v CaiLeigh Anna
Catalina 34 MKI Hull #299
Universal M25

glennd3

I did mine using west system clear epoxy. Three coats, I am happy with the results so far. You may want to check out Noah's work on his sole, I like his finish too.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland