LED Anchor light

Previous topic - Next topic

crieders

With the stick down, and a very small energy inefficient anchor light, it seems like the right time to go with LED but I could not believe the prices in the West Marine book. Any bright ideas? The pun is intended ! Thanks. Cliff
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Stu Jackson

Google - there are many others out there.  Also try www.catalinaowners.com, either their on line store or their archives for other sources.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jon Schneider

Cliff, once you're able to determine the contact type of the existing bulb, you may be able to simply replace the bulb with an LED type through doctorled.com.  Let me know if you try this and if it works, since you and I have similar vintage boats, we may have the same masthead fixtures.  I'm going to do the same thing this winter when the boat comes out (I'm hauling the week of Dec. 11).  If I can't use an LED replacement bulb, I'll probably go the Aquasignal series 32 LED fixture, although the Lopolight has received great reviews (and is commensurately expensive). 
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Ron Hill

Cliff : What I'd do is get the the "all around anchor LED bulb".  Then look at your fixture and change out the fixture to match the bulb. 
I know that's a strange way , but an anchor light LED is hard to find at a reasonable cost!!  Work the problem backwords!!   :D
Ron, Apache #788