1994 C34 Cabin light covers

Previous topic - Next topic

glwestcott

Anyone know who the manufacturer was for the saloon cabin lights in 1994 era boats? The round plastic covers on mine are total goners.
Gary Westcott
C34 Jennifer Anne

Ken Juul

I have Aqua Signal lights on my 1990.  A little over 5" in diameter, decorative brass ring around the base.  If you look carefully at the light cover it will have a stylized "A" surrounded by a rounded corner triangle in a clear area on the face.  They have a web site with a catalog.  I'm having problems opening the pdf catalog, not sure if it is the catalog, my computer or the marina's wireless network that is causing the problem.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

glwestcott

Thanks, Ken.  I went to the website and had the same problem when I tried to get to the catalog through the link on the left.  But, when I used the catalog drop down link and clicked on interior lighting, it worked.  I think I will try to contact them tomorrow and see if I can pick up four new diffusers.
Gary Westcott
C34 Jennifer Anne

Stu Jackson

You could also try Home Depot -- seriously.  They sell 12v fixtures just like the ones on the boat.  They have two types:  the lights with a BIG transformer that drops the 110v down to 12 v for the lights, and separate packages of what they call "replacement" lights, which is the lamp inside the housing that's 12 v just like the boat's.  A friend once bought the ones with the transformers and ran them off his inverter.  I just plugged 'em in to the existing 12v lighting circuit with a switch.  This only works if they are the surface mount, not recessed type.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."