Old Mast Section

Previous topic - Next topic

BlewBayouToo

Does any one know where I can get an old section of mast. I am looking for the section that is right around the spreaders. From maybe three feet below to three feet above or more if I can get it. I want to build a crows nest and need a section as a pattern so I will have a perfect fit the first time. I would be willing to build more of them if people are interested. My boat is a 1986.

Stu Jackson

The mast isn't tapered, so why not use the sections that you can access, like right at the deck or below if you have a keel stepped mast?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

BlewBayouToo

Well I wasnt sure if the mast was tapered or not plus the boat is in Texas and my shop is in Louisiana.

Stu Jackson

Terry, why not call Catalina?  They may have a drawing of the mast or may be able to point you to the manufacturer to get a drawing.  Mike Stimmler talked to Frank Butler last week, why not you?   :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

tonywright

Good suggestion. Catalina was most helpful when I called asking about the mast on my MKII. They referred me to Charleston Spars, who had exactly what I needed (replacements for a couple of things that went "sploosh").

BTW if anyone needs it, I now have a PDF of the complete manual and parts list for the furling mast on the MKII.

Tony
Tony Wright
#1657 2003 34 MKII  "Vagabond"
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada

Ron Hill

Tony : Send it to our Web Master and he'll put that file on our site for all to look at!    :clap
Ron, Apache #788

tonywright

Done. Sent a Hurst transmission manual and some air-conditioner manuals also.

Tony
Tony Wright
#1657 2003 34 MKII  "Vagabond"
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada

Stu Jackson

Tony,

Thanks so very much.

BlewBayouToo

Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to try and call Catalina today. A section of the mast would be the best so we could use it for a welding jig.