Second Anchor Roller

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Long

Has anybody installed a second anchor roller?  I am retiring soon and will be cruising Florida, Bahamas, and ICW.  I would like to have a backup to deploy.

Ken Long
Tmapa, FL
Destiny

Stu Jackson

Ken

Suggest you use the C34 website search engine, type in anchor roller, find exact phrase.  Lots of answers.  Also use the message board search (it's a separate search engine).

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

c34member

I added a Garhauer AR-20B to the left of my stem fitting.  It clears the Schaefer drum well.  It is a bit light but I just wanted it for a lunch hook (I will not be carrying an anchor on it when not in use).  I added a ball-lock captive pin and so far it is working out fine.  It is probably no weaker than that long lever arm that the boat (a 2000) came equipped with.  There seems to be an aluminum plate bedded below the deck at the stem [after finding this I opted not to use a seperate backing plate].  When you drill be sure to account carefully for the inside edge of the hull flange.