Lifesling Mounting

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelley Dean

I am replacing my old cracked horseshoe life ring with a Lifesling 2. Looking for ideas on where to mount it (outside rail of course). I have a 1988 MK1 with stern perch seats. On the side opposite of the stern light, I have an outboard motor mount. I can attach the top Velcro strips to the rail on a side, but no where for the one in the center to firmly secure it. Pics would be great.
Kelley Dean

Andiamo #726
Narragansett Bay
Warwick, RI

Ken Juul

Found this picture on Yachtworld.com.  I would suggest moving the outboard motor mount inboard so it straddles the the inboard vertical post.  Put the life sling outboard of the OB mount.  It will overlap the rail cushion, but should not effect the comfort.  You should be able to fit a piece of 1" thick-walled PVC between the upper and lower rail to act as your vertical support.  PVC will work because the bag will cover it or you can have a piece of stainless added.   Another option is to mount it forward of the seat on the stbd side, half on the rail, half on the life line so it straddles the forward vertical tube. 
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ron Hill

Kelley : I also have an outboard on the back starboard side.  The Life Sling is on the beginning of the stern pulpit on the starboard side. It is clipped to the starboard back stay split.
Has worked fine for 20 seasons!!  :clap
Ron, Apache #788