Freshwater Spitting / Nav Light Issues

Previous topic - Next topic

Sundance

When I turn on the water at the faucet water spots out rather forcefully as if I had just filled the tank or I was trying to run out the last bit of water.  I filled the tanks, so I know I have a water.  The pump doesn't cycle, I know I'm not loosing pressure on the output of the pump.  When I look at the lies as it is pumping, it appears there is air in the line, like it is pumping air into the system.  I cleaned the water filter, checked the screen at the faucet, checked for similar occurrences on the website, but nothing seems fit my symptoms.  Is it possible to get air into the system prior to the pump some how? Any thoughts?

Also, none of my navigation lights are working, rather than chase down each light, do you think there is a common place that would solve my probelm?  I think the breaker for these items is OK as other items work that use that breaker. 

On a separate note, is there a circuit breaker that is readily available at WM that can replace the push button ones?  I would prefer the kind with the toggle, I think they are by Ancor Marine, will they just be a swapout?
Jeff
2001 C34 #1581
"Sundance"
Sandusky, OH

Craig Illman

Jeff - My Nav lights shared a common ground with my cabin lights. I needed to patch in a new connection between the panel and the first light because it was too difficult to remove the section that was giving a poor/intermittent connection. So, check your cabin lights to see if they're all working ok.

As far as the breaker, the toggle breakers require a bigger hole in the panel than the push button versions, but they'll work just fine.

I have no clue on your water issues, it does sound like an air lock somewhere. You probably need to start disassembling things either side of the pump to see where it's being restricted.

Craig

tonywright

The spitting problem could be that you have a loose pipe clamp somewhere and air is entering the pump together with the water. Have you tightened the nearby hose clamps, and checked whether the barb fittings on the pump are tight?

Tony
Tony Wright
#1657 2003 34 MKII  "Vagabond"
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada

Sundance

As for the breakers, think it is work drilling out larger holes, or are there diffrent breakers that fit the stock holes that are better then the push button?
Jeff
2001 C34 #1581
"Sundance"
Sandusky, OH

BillG

Two years ago  I replaced my whole panel  on my 1987 with a new one from seaward, it has the toggle circuit breakers rather  than fuses, along with alot of other modern safety advantages.
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

Ron Hill

Jeff : Call Seaward (562)699-7997 and ask them if they have replacement toggle breakers for the push type that will fit in the same hole.

On your air in the line water problem - recheck all of the clamps (especially on the pressure side of the pump).  If air were getting in on the tank side, the pump would probably always run and shut off, run and shut off.

Your running light problem is probably the common ground.  Look/replace the first "blue" connector in the gnd line.  I've replaced almost all of those damn "blue" connectors, by soldering those connections.  A real pain.   :cry4`
Ron, Apache #788