Battery catastrophe

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

:cry4`  Well I finally spent my old group 27's so I bought 4 new golf cart batteries at Sam's club.  One accidently tipped over
spilling all the acid out.  Can I add acid from the car parts store, or is it not going to match the  others now and I should buy
another one??  Need input, thanks in advance.

Larry
Larry G. Trumble
East Jordan, MI
Katarina
1987 #475

Stu Jackson

The most important thing you can do is to call the manufacturer of the batteries or at least the store you bought them from and ask them.

We hope you are safe and well and that not too much damage was done.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Juul

Back in the '70s batteries were stored without acid.  The acid was added and a quick charge applied when they were sold.  Same acid went into batteries of all sizes and voltages.  Knowledge is dated, but I don't think lead-acid technology has changed that much.  I hated getting the battery duty....lost more good jeans to spattered acid : :cry4`
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ron Hill

Fuzzy : Ken is correct.  Take your battery to a store/shop that sells batteries.  Tell them of your misshap and they should be able to add acid.  Then they will check the Specific Gravity and either add or dilute till the SG is correct.   :thumb:
Ron, Apache #788