Lewmar 46 st winch

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Hello, I had my '89 Catalina 34 shipped back to the west coast from Fort Lauderdale last month. Somewhere along the way the chrome feeder arm on one of my Lewmar 46 st winch was snapped off. I'm having no luck in finding a Lewmar 46 ST chrome feeder arm to replace the broken one. I'm trying to locate either the part or the entire winch. The part number from Lewmar was #15000389, however it's no longer available. Any information on finding a feeder arm or a used 46 st winch will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Eric Anderson 310-945-6481

Stephen Butler

Can I ask the name of the trucking firm you used, and the approximate cost, and whatever other information you can share?  Sorry. but other than Sailor's World in Ft. Lauderdale, I cannot think of a source for your broken arm.
Steve & Nancy
Wildflecken II
1990, #1023

Bill Sedgwick

Eric,

A good source for used and surplus parts is Minnie's in Newport Beach.

The San Diego Catalina Association meeting is tonight at Silver Gate Yacht Club. The Hatheways are tonight's speakers. They have circled the globe in a older 35 foot boat and are preparing their C34 for a new venture expected to begin this year and will talk about preparing their C34 for blue water sailing. Meeting begins at 7:30. You are welcome to come by an meet other Catalina owners. We have 5 C34s in the fleet. Come by earlier and join us for drinks and dinner. http://www.sdcatalinaassoc.com/

Welcome back to SoCal!

Bill Sedgwick
SGYC Fleet Captain
SDCatA Program Chairman
George W (Bill) & Jo Ann Sedgwick
SchatzSea #1031

Eric

For Steven Butler,
Steven, I used Horizon trucking last year to truck my boat to Fort Lauderdale. They were going back empty so I got a deal, around $4k. That didn't include derigging and re-rigging, haul out and haul in. DON'T USE THEM!!! The owners son delivered my boat after a few days hold in Marathon Florida. He apparently broke into my boat somewhere along the way the day of delivery. It's a long story and would be more than happy to tell you all about it on the phone.
Bringing my boat back I used Yacht Path International. They just pick the boat up and put into a cradle and off it goes. No derigging, etc. That cost $9700.00!!! Still a deal considering they were originally telling me it would be 11 to 12k. They apparently put a strap of somekind around the winch but got it caught on the feederarm of my starboard side winch. It broke right off under the stress. Feel free to call me and I'll tell you anything you want to know. Eric. 310-945-6481