Navpod Pedestal Guard AG10

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McGill

I am planning to replace the standard pedestal guard on my 300 series pedestal which is currently 1" in diameter.
Navpod sells a 58" offset Guard much like the Edson, but it is 1" in diameter. This means that I
can utilize the existing top plate.
If I was to use the Edson guard which is 1 1/8" in diameter I would need to replace the top plate. This would require disconnecting the engine and transmission controls and linkage, a much bigger job then I want to handle.

Anyone have any experience with the Navpod AG10 1" guard, positive or negative? comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
S/V Clarity
CLARITY 1988 #588 TRWK (sold 8/2023 after 17 yrs)
Chesapeake, Herring Bay, MD

mainesail

Are you wiring electronics? If so you'll want the Navpod 1 1/4 pedestal guard instead especially if your going with a plotter with radar and a few instruments. This is not to say it can't be done with 1 inch but with the off sets it makes pulling the wire that much harder. If your not adding radar 1 inch is fine. The navpod pedestals have a better more shiny finish than the Edson ones do. Check your top plate many of them have shims, that are black, and they will fit an 1 1/8 guard..
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

https://marinehowto.com/

cjenson

I replaced the old pedestal guard on my 86 with the Navpod 1" x 58" offset guard with out any problems. I was able to reuse the old plate and feet. I added a Navpod and installed a Raymarine C80. All went smooth, no trouble with wiring. Did not add Radar. Hope this helps.

Howard Armstrong

I replace the standard guard with the 1 1/8 in. guard. I drilled out the top plate very carefully with no problem.