Siphoning fuel

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

Saw this in the Mainsheet feature article "Coastal Cruising". Author credited it to Norm Perron Commodore C42 Assoc.

To siphon fuel (or other fluid) from a container into the tank place one end of the hose in the container the other end in the tank filling port.  Take a second shorter hose place it in the container above fluid level, seal the opening with a rag and blow into the second tube.  The air pressure will start the siphon for you.

New to me! Too simple, had to pass it on.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Joe Kern

They sell these at West.  Easiest thing to use and never spills.  Empties a 5 gallon diesel container in about 5-10 minutes without any need for blowing on hoses, holding anything etc.  Worth every penny.  Pretty much drains itself when done.  I just keep it in a plastic bag once I am done.

http://www.baproducts.com/siphon.htm
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

Jim Price

I highly recommend "supersiphon".  I bought two in Internet, not West.  I transport fuel to boat in 5 gal container and just sit down on comming and let'er rip!.  Does a great job, never a drop spilled, and I don't have to wrestle with the heavy tank.  I keep the second one for a spare in case I ever need to siphon water or anything other than diesel.   :thumb:
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA