Propane System

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus Moody

I am planning on taking Winter Moon south along the ICW from the Chesapeake to Florida and the Keys in Fall 2002.  I am interested in upgrading the propane capacity to the tank size used on a normal back-yard barbecue.  The walk-thru transom on Winter Moon breaks the lazerette into two lockers, and there is not room for a tank of this size in the port locker - where the very small tank is now.  It appears to me that my only option is to hang a bracket for the tank on the port side of the stern pulpet and extend the tubing from the existing system.  This will definately work but will be, I fear, less than lovely.  Anyone out there have any ideas as to a better way to do this?

Thanks, in advance.

GUS

Gus Moody

Hi Ron.  Haven't chatted with you since we talked in Jackson Creek about three years ago. Give our best to the wife.

As I remember, Apache has the full lazarette across the transom.  Remember that Winter Moon is a walk-thru transom with the propane locker in a small (about 14" x 14") locker on port.  I looked at your elegant solution both on the CD and here on the site, but it just won't work for me - at least not with a 20 lb. bottle.  I have not considered the 10# bottle option.  What are the demensions of the bottle?

Probably my cheapest option, all things considered, is to buy two cases of 1 lb. disposeable bottles and use the conversion fitting that connects them to a "normal" propane system.  HMMMMM....  Perhaps I have something there....

GUS