Fresh Water Impeller Replacement

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

I need a replacement for the fresh water impeller on Bear Territory.  Where do I get one, and what do I ask for?

Dave Smith
webmaster@c34.org
Bear Territory #1421

SteveLyle

from your friendly neighborhood Universal parts distributor.  Find out if you've got an Oberdorfer pump or a Sherwood (I believe it's on the pump cover), tell them you need an impeller and gasket for a Universal model 'your engine model here'  Oberdorfer/Sherwood freshwater cooling pump.  They'll fix you up.

You can always get one from any number of suppliers with web sites, such as Marine Diesel Direct

Stu Jackson

Dave,  
The Universal dealer here is SeaPower Marine, Kennedy Street, Oakland, off the 23rd Ave exit of 880 south, easy to get to.  Phone is 510-533-9290.  Another company recently advertised in Latitude 38 that they were also newly in the business of distributing Universal parts, don't recall who.
Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

dave davis

If you have an Obendorf, the impeller is OBD6593 and you can get it at Sea-Power in Oakland on 333 Kennedy Tel. 510-533-9290. You should also get a gasket. They also carry Sherwood pumps, but I do not have the Sher. # They will...Ask for Colin, the parts man...
Dave Davis San Francisco, 707, Wind Dragon, 1988, South Beach

c34member

Dave,

My M-35C Universal has the Sherwood pump and calls for a #200175 impeller kit from Universal.  FYI the heat exchanger gasket is #200216, zinc #11885, fuel filter #298854, oil #300209 and the belt is # 30475 (I also have a Racor that takes a #R15P 30 micron).  Our boats are close enough that they are probably outfitted simularly, but maybe not.

You'll love getting the housing apart if it is a Sherwood =).

Norris Johnson

Dave,
Hope you don't have a bigger problem. I replied earlier to another post and explained how my shaft had broken to the impeller. If you have already examined you impeller and it is bad. Don't worry.

There is a sleeve that Westerbeke will send you to put over the shaft joint to avoid the problem I had.

Norris Johnson
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas