WTB: Teak Plywood

Previous topic - Next topic

DougP

I'm looking for a 24X24 piece of 3/4" teak faced plywood to rebuild the steps/ motor cover.  All I can find locally is full 4X8 sheets for well over $200.

If anyone has some left over from another project please drop me a line. I'd be happy to work out a deal.

I'm in the Tacoma/ Seattle area.
Doug & Theressa
Noeta,  #307
Gig Harbor Washington

Rick Johnson

The following site has sold me odd pieces of teak plywood in the past.  I have just emailed the size I'm looking for and they have responded with what they have and the price...

http://buckwoodcraft.com/
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

I know you can get the teak and holly plywood that is used for the floor pannels if that would work. I don't remember the company's name but if you call Catalina at 818-884-7700 and ask for Chris in Parts he will give you the company's name and number. Hope that helps. The company was very heplful. I needed a new floor pannell for the v-birth and since it is an odd shape he told me to just make a tracing on a sheet of paper and send it to them and they would cut it to size.

Mike    :D
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

sedelange

How soon are you going to need it?  I am refrubishing my interior and fabricating some custome cabinets.  I will be picking up several sheets of 1/2 and 3/4 teak plywood and will likely have come 3/4 left.  I would be a long shipment though from Houston to Seattle/Tacoma.
Steve E DeLange
1986 C34,   1971 C27
Galveston Bay, Texas

Mark Wey

Doug

One alternative is to buy Teak Veneer and use contact cement to apply it to a standard piece of any good one side plywood. 1/4 of the cost. I purchased this when I made a new salon table.

Mark
Mark Wey
2004 C-36

Ron Hill

Doug : Don't think I'd use plywood to rebuild the steps.   Solid teak was originally used so it wouldn't separate and have nicer looking edges. 
On the cover over the engine use regular marine grade plywood and put a Formica top on it - just like the original from the factory.   :idea:
Ron, Apache #788

sedelange

Ron:

The cover portion ot the Step/Motor Cover is 3/4 plywood.  I am having to rebuild my cover also due to years of scuffs and stains
Steve E DeLange
1986 C34,   1971 C27
Galveston Bay, Texas

Rick Johnson

Doug,  I checked with Buck Woodcraft because I need a piece of 3/4 teak plywood 12x36.  They replied that they sell by the square ft and will cut the piece I need.  Cost is $11 a sq ft.  Just an FYI...
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Tom Glennon

A great resourcce for any type of plywood or solid from rough to planed:
www.boulterplywood.com    The do ship all over the country. 

I rebuilt the vertical sliding piece with the steps attached the year I got Slowdance. Just reattached the steps after sanding and restain/finishing.

Tom Glennon, Slow Dance #354, 1987, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts