Tech notes & projects - Thank you!

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Illman

A public thanks to Hank Recla, Ron Hill & Mark Elkin. I replaced my injectors today. (I got the value-priced set from tractorsmart.com). Hank's Tech notes article from Nov. 1999 and Ron's addendum from Aug 2002 helped things go smoothly. Mark's simple little project to install a engine compartment glow/starter switch made bleeding the injectors a one person task. It also let me isolate whether I had a starter button issue or starter problem. The new MOM switch worked flawlessly, when I went up to the panel, the button was intermittent. I feel a lot more relieved that I just need to replace the button at the panel, than pull the starter to get rebuilt.

The engine appears to run/idle smoother, I wasn't up for taking it for a spin "around the block" to see if I have any extra power too. My engine has 2800 hours and I didn't have any evidence that the injectors weren't original. If someone needs to borrow a 1-1/16" deep socket, let me know.

I'm stripping and sanding the stairs this weekend in the garage. I hope I can get them, as well as my hatch boards, cockpit table & helmset refinished by the end of the year.

We survived our big blow last night in Seattle. I don't think I ever want to experience any hurricanes, I don't know how you SE and East Coast folks are brave enough to own boats with that annual risk.

Craig