GPS Screen

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Butler

We received a Garmin GPS Map176C, with a 010R chip, as a gift.  The unit is used, but functions perfectly.  However, the PO used a cleaner on the screen, taking off the anti-glare covering, making it very difficult to see in any but the "perfect" angle.  We have written, emailed, and telephoned Garmin to find out if the screen can be replaced, or if there is an after-market coating that can be applied to cut the glare, but cannot get an answer.  Does anyone know of an anti-glare product that can used?  Many thanks.   
Steve & Nancy
Wildflecken II
1990, #1023

Jim Price

:donno:  I don't  know if it would work but you could try using one of the PDA screen proctector sheets that stick on (but also peal off if they get messed up).  Have no idea if it will work but it might be worth a try.  Check any store that sells PDA's.

Surprised about Garmin.  I sent them an email recently asking a question about connecting my 176C to my VHF that has DSC for location broadcast.  They got back with a clear answer in about two weeks.
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

Randy Stolze

Stephan,

If you go to ebay and look for garmin 176c you will see the anti-glare films to apply over the screen. You will also find a anti-glare hood that fits on the unit.

Cheers,

Randy
Randy

Larry Robertie

I was searching for some accesories for my daughters new phone when I came accross a screen resporative called DISPLEX:

http://www.wirelessground.com/saguaki.html

It looks like it's for light wear but for 5 bucks it might be worth a try.

Larry Robertie
Ruach #1506
Salem, MA