Paint color

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter B

:santa
I am looking at touching up the marks on the blue water line boot top and the stripes. I can not find a color match. Can anyone let me know what it is as all C34's seem to be the same.
Much appreciated from a Downunder Sailor. Peter B.

wind dancer

I don't know about the exact paint color, but I'm planning on putting on the stick-on stripes that are sold at most local chandleries.  They come in several colors.
Jay Guard, 1996 Catalina 380, #3, "Aquila", Seattle

Mike Smith

G'Day Mate!

On Breezer, I have Sunbrella Persian Green canvas and a Camel hull, so the blue cove and boot stripes don't cut it.  I ordered a 12" x 50' roll of matching vinly striping from a signmakers shop for about $50.  They can cut it to whatever width you want. They can also match your canvas color almost exactly and it is much less expensive than several rolls of adhesive striping of limited color choice.  I have Breezer re-striped (if necessary) every two years at haulout.  Several years ago, the same shop cut and installed the 12" high name "Breezer" in Brush Script on the aft quarter of the hull from the same material.

Mike

PS You may want to have the sign company do the job for you since they work with the material every day.

paule

The color is Saphire Blue in vinyl

Paul
Paul & Lynn Erb
Yachta Yachta Yachta
C34 2003 #1634
Rotonda West, FL 33947

Peter B

Thanks to you quick replies. It seems that some of you may have misunderstood. the cloor paint is (something) blue. I am not looking at a match for canvas or vinyl's. The hull is white and the striping painted on it at the waterline "boot top" is a blue color. It is this to which I can't seem to find the match. Thanks anyway. Peter B.

Ted Pounds

I just got some Interlux one-part polyurethane and reapainted the whole stripe.  It was easy and put back the color and shine.  And I didn't have to worry about color match.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447