Single Malt Lovers

Previous topic - Next topic

wind dancer

Ok, this may appeal to only a very small audience, but I've got a question to put to y'all:

Which single malt scotch do you keep on the boat?

The last weekend out I brought along Laphroaig 10yr and am taking a Caol Ila 12 for our next weekend out (Veteran's Day weekend).  As you can see, I enjoy the peaty smokiness of an Islay malt when out on the Sound.  Mmmmmm. . . . . :thumb:
Jay Guard, 1996 Catalina 380, #3, "Aquila", Seattle

Rick Johnson

Glenlivet or Glenfiddich...  It's all I can afford, but after getting into middle management all I can say is "Thank God for sailing and Scotch"!

Cheers,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Roger Patterson

I offered Glenfiddich until a friend brought Glenmorangie aboard. It has an amazing burgundy wood finish. Excellent.  :clap
Roger Patterson
Mk II #1723  2005
Blue Magic
Victoria, BC

BillG

This is what I like to see, the really important questions involving sailing, I have to second the vote on Glenmorangie.
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

wind dancer

I agree, Glenmorangie is a good choice.  :thumb:

capndon

My vote is for Glenmorangie...either port or sherry finish! :clap
1998 #1390 Ragtop

Rick Johnson

Now this why I love this board, good information sharing about the most important things in life.  I'm going to buy a bottle of Glenmorangle tonight and give it a try.  I'm sure I can find a few other boat owners at the marina to share a glass of scotch and perhaps a good cigar...

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Ed Shankle

Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

wind dancer

Quote from: Ed Shankle on October 23, 2006, 09:42:41 AM
Bowmore Darkest - Islay

Excellent choice.

Another to add to the list is my new favorite: Lagavulin 16.  Smooth like smoke. . .

Sailor Vic

Macallan is "best" for me.

What a wonderful 12 year old Single Highland Malt Scotch Whisky!

Of course, with any quality scotch be sure to either add a few drops of water or place it on ice to activate the full flavor, etc.

========

For beer: any beer made by Sierra Nevada Brewing makes me happy.  :D

I love their IPA (India Pale Ale) and their famous Pale Ale. It does depend on the weather for me as their brown ale, porter and celebration ale also are really good.

Although different in every respect to Sierra Nevada's gold (I mean beer), most Belgian beers are great as well.

For basic "cheap" scotch, Dewars is one that I like. Radically different than Macallan but good for (almost) every day drinking.

Let's face it, our moods, the weather, the company, even the time of day, our pocket books, and so on are great variables.

For all of us here who own a sailboat....we're all pretty darn lucky.

:clap These ARE the good old days! :clap

2005 MKII - Letting Go  - #1688
Marina Village - Gate 11 - Alameda, Calif.