Galley flooring

Previous topic - Next topic

John Langford

Does anyone know the brand name of the grey industrial rubber floor covering used in the galley of the MK IIs?
Cheers
John
"Surprise"
Ranger Tug, 29S

Stu Jackson

Hi, John, hope all is well with you.

I did a search on rubber, for g&g, and here's what I found:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1970.0

Good luck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

John : The vinyl galley floor covering is called "Loincoin" and the cheapest place to get it is from the Catalina factory!!  Ron
Ron, Apache #788

John Langford

Thanks everyone. I had done a search for galley flooring etc but didn't turn up the excellent thread that you passed on Stu. BTW, I think "Loncoin" is a little more consoling then "loincoin"   :D I am checking for local suppliers before turning to Catalina.

Since you asked Stu, the folks in Victoria are enjoying one of the best sailing summers on record. The sun just keeps on shining and down here near the Strait of Juan de Fuca there is even good wind.
Cheers
John
"Surprise"
Ranger Tug, 29S

John Langford

This just in from Lonseal, the makers of the galley flooring material in the MK IIs:

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Lonseal's flooring products.  You can purchase direct from us; please see pricing below:

LonCoin I, 1 roll (6' x 60') = 40 sq yds x $22.80 = $912.00 FOB Carson, CA

Less than 40 sq yds = $25.65

If you would like to place an order we'll need to know the color name and number, the size piece you need in sq yds and how you would like to handle the payment.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Lisa Riggs
lisa@lonseal.com

Please note: we have grey Lonseal loncoin 1 in the galley if you are interested in ordering.
Cheers
John
"Surprise"
Ranger Tug, 29S

Craig Illman

John - How do you plan to stick it down?

Craig

John Langford

Good question. I actually plan to replace the small piece of carpet in the aft cabin with the "Loncoin". We use the aft cabin for strorage only and the carpet is getting a bit worn. I would probably try basic silicon sealant so that I could get it off if necessary. The piece in the galley is screwed down and sealed at the edges with silicon sealant.

I am open to better ideas.
Cheers
John
"Surprise"
Ranger Tug, 29S

Craig Illman

That sounds reasonable, I wasn't aware of how it was attached on the Mark II's. Their website talked about contact cement or some other adhesives that didn't sound like something we'd ever want to do on our boats. My sole's pretty beat up at the bottom of the steps and galley after years of charter use. Replacing those areas with this product makes more sense than investing in new pieces of teak&holley plywood.

Craig

Ron Hill

Guys : I removed my teak/holly sole and used it as a pattern to cut my "Loincoin" to the correct size.  Drilled the holes in the same places as they were before and then installed the loincoin right over the teak/holly sole with the same screws!!

That was 3 years ago.  I didn't do any sealing of the edges and they have NOT curled up.  It's a great anti skid for wet feet when it raining/damp out in the cockpit.  A thought.
Ron, Apache #788

Rick Johnson

Ron, can you post a picture of what the new flooring looks like?  I'm thinking I might need to replacing my flooring soon and I like this idea.

Thanks,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Ron Hill

Rick : Will do, but not until mid Oct.  I don't have the capability with me (out sailing for 6 weeks) to put the pictures on the net and the hi speed necessary to transmit them.    :cry4`
Ron, Apache #788

captran

I replaced the loincoin flooring 2 years ago on Voyager.  (the original flooring was discolored from the underside of the rug after it sat for weeks wet).  It was $50 a square yard and bought two from Catalina, so if you can get it direct from the factory at 25 thats a great deal.  I used a waterproof marine adhesive, although I don't recall the name.  I do have a pic but I'd have to see if I can scan it at work to put in digital format.  I was very pleased with the result.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa