Prop noise and/or vibration

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

Guys with a C34 MKII : In case you missed it in the new August 06 Mainsheet, there an interesting lead in article on this subject in the C350 tech notes. 
Apparently Catalina has found that the C350 [with the same engine(M35B), prop and transmission as the C34 MKII] are having some problems.  Catalina is solving those problems with a new "M" series prop that combines "the best performance with minimun cavation".  Looks like Catalina is picking up the cost for the prop swap.
Thought you all might be interested.  Read the article.      :!:
Ron, Apache #788

Tom Lanzilli

Ron my info on this is that the c350 has an M40 engine, where did you find the info on the M35B?  Also Catalina will sell the prop at cost $195, I have not seen that they would pick up the full cost on this prop.

I intend to write them to find out if they recomend this for the M35 and will let you know.
Tom Lanzilli
Ithaka, 2004, #1660
Guilford, CT

Ron Hill

Tom : Funny, as my information (and I've seen it installed) that the C350 has an M35B engine.  Maybe they've changed over to an M40, but I doubt it.  If you look in the previous issue (May 06) you'll find reference to the M35 engine in the C350 Tech Notes.

Did you really think that Frank was going to buy owners a new/free prop?   :liar
Ron, Apache #788