"Hidden" screw in aft bulkhead

Previous topic - Next topic

John Fogelgren

After removing all the other screws in the aft bulkhead, we ran a bare hacksaw blade around the edge until we located the hidden screw.  Then we sawed through the screw with the blade, as it's not needed anyway.  Very easy and no fiberglass repair needed. 
We also added some wooden spacers between the bulkhead and the rear water tank to keep the tank from shifting about.
"Finally!!" #718, 1988
Chesapeake Bay

Ron Hill

See The post titled "Removing the Aft Water Tank on a MKI" .  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=3074;prev_next=next
You can NEVER say NEVER or ALWAYS --  Paco will prove you wrong.  Just because it wasn't on your C34 doesn't mean that it couldn't be on another!! 
Sounds as though that screw may have been installed from the stern side rather than the aft cabin!!   :cry4`
Ron, Apache #788

dave davis

John, you are absolutely correct. I removed "MY Hidden Screw" the same way you did it. Although I had to bang with a big hammer to get the saw blade down to touch the g^*/#/_2^ screw. No real damage.
Ron was also correct when he mentioned that I should be aware of the riggers possibly mounting wires on the aft side or the bulkhead. I had to cut a mounted wire to remove the bulkhead. What a pain. After all this trouble, there were seven additional wires blocking the removal of the tank as mentioned in previous message from Ray Irvine. My tank is going to stay put-for sure. :cry4`
Dave!
Dave Davis San Francisco, 707, Wind Dragon, 1988, South Beach