Fresh Water Inline Strainer

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Wey

I am an hour away from the boat and have to ask if any of you can tell me what brand of pump is used for the fresh water on a 1990 version of the C-34. I searched but no luck. The in line strainer has broken and I thought I could repair it. But now I have found a source and fixing it no longer makes sense. The filter is specific to the pump. But I am not sure of the pump manufacturer. I think Flo-jet but I am not sure.

Many thanks,

Mark

1990 C-34 #1063
Mark Wey
2004 C-36

Ken Juul

My fresh water strainer is an inline model about 8" up stream of the pump.  Haven't seen on that is integral to the pump.  Or do you mean the filter size is dependent on flow requirements.  I can't remember if the pump on mine is a Shurflo or FloJet, guessing looking at the websites that it pumps around 2gph.

Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

karista

My 1990 (1012) has a FLOJET pump, the in-line filter is a twist on plexiglass housing cone with a screen on the inside. :clap :clap
Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL

Mark Wey

Ken, My strainer is attached directly to the suction end of the pump. This is via a pressed in fitting that is sealed with a 'O' ring and held in place with a plastic sliding locking tab that attaches the strainer to the pump. This is what I meant saying that the filter is specific to the pump. The other end is just attached to a 1/2" hose with a barb fitting and gear clamp.

Karista, I think mine is the same as yours. I will order a strainer for a Flo Jet pump.

Thanks to both of you.

Mark
Mark Wey
2004 C-36

Stu Jackson

Ours is a Shurflo Model # 2088-423-344

The filter is as described by karista.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Mark : Catalina put 2 different brand fresh water pumps in the boats during that time frame.  It could be either a Shurflow or a Flowjet, but I think they used more of the later. 
Ron, Apache #788

Sailing Steve

Mark, can you post the contact info for your supplier of the filter please.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve
'90 Mk I.5 "L'Abri"
Hull# 1080

Mark Wey

Steve, here is the supplier info.

Holland Marine Products
3008 Dundas St. W.
Toronto Ont.
Canada
M6P 1Z3
tel. 416-762-3821, fax 416-762-4458
email hmp@hollandmarine.com
www.hollandmarine.com

Peter is one of the owners. He will probably answer the phone. The catalogue is on their website.  The filters are on page #104.
$12.99 each Cdn$

These guys are sailors and know sailing and boats intimately. A little gruff on the phone but he will warm up to you. The catalogue is 506 pages. They will give you a copy on CD if you ask.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Wey
2004 C-36