Wine

Previous topic - Next topic

kdexter

Where do you store your wine bottles on an '89 Catalina 34? :donno:

td

Don't know but on your '88 C34 we keep them in the center draw under the v-birth.  Since the water is cool year around in the Pacific Northwest, the Cab stays at a perfect drinking temperature.
td
Peregrine
#543, 1987

Howard Armstrong

I almost need to tow another boat for wine. I have been thinking of attaching pieces of 4 inch. pvc in the bilge on each side of the bilge covers. put a stop in the back and bungie cord across the front to keep it in on a tack. i have not gotten very far with this but think it may work.

Stu Jackson

We keep our wine with the cleaning supplies -- red wine stains, the Wall St. Journal, reports, are easily claned up with white wine. :clap

We converted BOTH hanging lockers to shelving (see the Projects page).  With a few old sweaters at the bottom, or wrapped in large socks, wine storage has been no problem.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jeff Tancock

I store wine and liquor in the dinette locker just forward of the mast. I use a couple of boxes that a case would come in to keep them from knocking each other. It's cool, low and central in the boat and easy to get at.
Jeff Tancock
Stray Cat #630
Victoria, BC
Canada
1988 25xp

steve stoneback

On our 1989  (hull 918) we store our wine under the seat in the aft cabin.  It  holds about 8 bottles and is easy to get to.
stoney
Steve Stoneback
Grasmere
1989 #918
Lake Oahe Pierre, SD

Ron Hill

kd : I store 8 or 9 bottles of wine in the small door storage at the bottom of the drawer stack in the Vberth.  The bottles lay against the hull (staying cool) and in the 19 seasons that I've done I've had no problem. 
Couldn't figure any other use for that small area!! - works great!! 
Ron, Apache #788

Fred Jackson

In the bilge- temperature is cooler and much more constant there.

Fred J.
Amante
Catalina 36 #2209