sherwood "M-5" raw water pump

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Glennon

Help!  Looking for a stanless shaft for my sherwood water pump off my 1987 M25XP.

I have the pump in the shop for a rebuild, as I noticed weeping prior to hauling in the fall.
The shop has informed me that SHerwood no longer stocks the shaft for that pump, as ithas ben replaced with a newer version. I just hate to have to buy a new pump, when the one I have is fine, except for the wear on the shaft, and some new seals.  Anyone have a source for pump shafts? So I don't have to get shafted by buying a completely new pump? 

Thanks in advance, aboard Slow Dance in Buzzards Bay, MA
Tom Glennon, Slow Dance #354, 1987, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts

Stu Jackson

Tom

I remember Ron mentioning DEPCO as "the" source for pumps.  A search on DEPCO shows a lot of hits on previous discussions related to Depco and both Sherwood and Oberdorfer pumps.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Tom Glennon

Tom Glennon

Gentlemen... add this site to your maintanance records for future use... these folks are wonderful to work with!
www.depcopump.com  DEPCO service is very accomodating, and they had the shaft (four in stock) that SHerwood did not have for their own pump! :clap

Sailing Steve

I don't know if they carry just the shaft, but CLR Marine has given me excellent service and pricing - plus, they give 6% off to C34 IA members.  Drop Chuck an e-mail and he'll get back to you in amazing time with an answer if he can supply just the shaft.  I know he carries the full pump as I purchased one from him, vs. a re-build.

http://www.clrmarine.com/

http://www.clrmarine.com/219.html

Steve
L'Abri
Hull# 1080
Steve
'90 Mk I.5 "L'Abri"
Hull# 1080

Stu Jackson

Please check out the C34 Store, upper right portion of this web page
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Ron Hill

Guys : For those of you with a Sherwood pump, just remember that you can change it out on the M25XP with a Oberdoffer.
The Sherwood supposedly pumps more water (important for the M35 A/B), but very adequate for the M25XP. 
The nice thing about the Oberdoffer is that you CAN get the entire pump and parts (shafts, seals, impellers etc.) at discount.  Sherwood will not allow ANY discounts. 
Another thing I like about the Oberdoffer is that it's ALL bronze - NO RUST!!  You'll have to change out the studs that go into the engine, but that's easily done.  Over the life of the boat you'll save money and be able to buy a spare pump with the savings (over Sherwood).  A thought  :think
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson