Propane Tank

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

I am trying to purchase a second propane tank to use as a spare/back up.  The one I have is much smaller than the standard BBQ tank.  9" diameter, stands 10 3/4" tall.  Some people have refered to it as a 10# tank, but trying to order one through the local lp dealer and a RV dealer the 10# they have are much bigger.  Tank was manufactured by Worthington Cylinder.  I have written to Worthington, awaiting their response. I would like to stay with this size tank because it fits in the propane storage locker that was installed in the lazerette.  Anybody have any ideas where to find one?
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Dick Beecham

Worthington cylinder has a web page that lists some of their products, it also has telephone numbers.  Here is their URL.

http://www.thomasregister.com/olc/worthingtoncylinders/steel.htm

Dick Beecham
Refuge #1430
Rock Hall, MD

delilah

If you're talking about the white locker/blue lid available through WM, check out REI...they sell the exact same tank as WM would special order - but through REI, you get your dividend back if your a member.
http://www.rei.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=4398&prmenbr=8000

Ken Juul

Thank both for the replies.  I found the correct tank on both sites.   The only problem I see with the REI tank is I need a valve with internal threads.  Speaking of REI, I grew up in the Seattle area.  One of the fathers in my scout troop was Jim Whitticker (sp?) the first american to scale Everest.  My REI number was around 375.  Joined the navy got out of the camping scene.  Card long since expired.  Just wondering if anyone has converted from propane or replaced these baby bottles with something larger.  It holds 1 gallon/4.25# of propane.  Anyone got one laying around the basement?
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

delilah

Off-track note: Your REI membership number never expires...simply request a new card be issued - if for no other reason, show up on Member's Day - if you have the lowest member number(which you probably would) in the past, they've given out a fantastic free gift! :D