New Sails

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweetybd

It would be a great service to all if those who purchase new sails would write about them and comment on price, quality (e.g., would you buy them again), etc.

We're looking for a new 130 jib for Tweety Bird and could use help from others' experiences.  What about those of you who've ordered via the mail (Cruising Direct, Airforce, West/Quantum)?  And Ullman's quote is so much lower than others; can his sails be as good as they are -- has anyone gotten sails from him?

Ken Juul

According to the posts on the Sailing Scuttlebutt (www.sailingscuttlebutt.com) web site Ullman sails win alot of races.  So apparently they build good racing sails.  I had a used 150 Genoa made by Ullman, I used it for 2 or 3 seasons before it self destructed, would guess it had 5 or 6 years of use before I got it.  Can't comment of customer service or delivery times.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Joe and Carol

Try Kappa Sails in Westbrook, CT.  Clark Bassett worked well considering our requirements to replace aging sails.  He has a good design, great experience, and can discuss every detail of building your sails.

We are very satisfied!  :D

Joe and Carol
YachtaSea
Joe & Carol Pyles

YatchaSea
1987 Catalina 34 TR
Hull #244

Sailing Stockton Lake, Missouri

John Langford

I just spent 4 days sailing with a new dacron 140 from UK/Halsey. It is working beautifully right out of the box. Not cheap though.
Cheers
John
"Surprise"
Ranger Tug, 29S