Lazzerette storage - bags

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor Vic

I've been putting all of my canvas items down into the port lazzerette.

Each time I have to reach way down low and so I have thinking of maybe having large hanging bags made that would fit in my lazzerettes.

Besides having less storage space to get to, can anyone think of any other negatives?

Has anyone else done that?

If so, does some company make them as a standard ordering product?

Thanks,

Vic

2005 MKII - Letting Go  - #1688
Marina Village - Gate 11 - Alameda, Calif.

Ron Hill

Vic : I use 4 "milk" plastic cartons to store stuff in in the port side lazerette. 
They're light in weight and can be easily moved.  :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Vic

How about hammocks?  They make them in, as far as I recall, two sizes, small and people size.  This may work for you in your Mark II deeper lazarettes.  I assume you're talking about the aft ones, rather than what I clal the port locker.  I think Ron was thinking of that, too, from our Mark Is.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Sailor Vic

I have some small hammocks inside but I'd like to have some shaped to the opening type mesh bags and maybe made out of a similar material as the hanging grey line bags that come with the new Catalinas.

Vic
2005 MKII - Letting Go  - #1688
Marina Village - Gate 11 - Alameda, Calif.

Jim Price

Look at SailRite web site for materials and kits.  You can purchase the mesh and make your own custom bags.  I got their sheet bag kit several years ago and am satisfied even though I modified it.  Stuff is pretty easy to work with if you can sew.

http://www.sailrite.com/
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA