Interior cushions replacement (Mexico?)

Previous topic - Next topic

heliraf

Hi,

First post here, hello to all.

I'm in the process of buying my first sailboat, a Catalina 34, albeit quite an old and basic one – 1986, hull 60.  It will be in Long Beach, CA.  I'm amazed at the quality resources on the internet for Catalinas, I feel I've made an excellent decision, and my compliments to you helpful people for this great website and forum.  And yes, as soon as I'm back in the country, I'll be joining this National Association – no way to join online.

In the meantime, I'm looking for some information regarding the interior cushions and upholstery, which are original and I'd like to replace as soon as I get the boat.

A) Any places out there that have patterns and supply ready made ones that will fit?

B) If I go to a local place, about how much might a full set cost – anyone done this recently?

C) Do you recommend changing out the foam inside, does foam deteriorate with age?

D) Does anyone have any experience with going to Mexico and getting them made there, and knows how long, how much, where to go, etc...?

Many thanks in advance.

Raf

Joe Kern

No help on the cushions but hello and welcome to the Catalina family.  I have worked my way up from the Catalina 270 and have found Catalina people to be helpful and knowledgeable and the boats solid and dependable.

As a recent purchaser of a 34 I am amazed at the information available on the website and this forum.  In fact I check for new information all the time, probably too often at work. 

Welcome. 

Joe
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

Footloose

Welcome aboard!  This site has been great.

We bought our 1988 C34 last spring and the cushions were dirty but not overly worn.  They also have a diesel smell to them.  We brought them home and cleaned them with a rented Rug Doctor.  We then sprayed them with Fa breeze.  They look like new and the smell is gone.

Just a thought if they aren't worn. I can't help with replacement.

Dave G
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain

Stu Jackson

Welcome

As the owner of another good old boat, I recommend you review this Guide to the C34 Website:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=2629.0

Happy reading, any and all questions welcome.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."