Vberth storage access

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

A few post back people were talking about this access.  Thought I attach a few pictures to let you see some ideas. 
I used louvered door on the sides to facilitate ventilation (with out it you get mold).  Also note the "door hook" that holds the insert in place.   :thumb:
Ron, Apache #788

Ron Hill

Sorry about that, it didn't attach the first time.   :roll:
The side doors have been in place for 18 years and the bottom door for about 14. All doors are stock items from a marine catalog !   :clap
Ron, Apache #788

Jim Price

Great ideas.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) I cannot use the lower center access as that is the intake for the Heat / Air system but am interested in the two smaller side accesses.  Where did you get the doors / frames or did you make?
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

Stu Jackson

Jim

I'd bet the doors are from H&L Marine, the OEM suppliers to our boats.

This started at: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1268.0
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Phil Spicer

Ron,
What do you use on your interior teak?  Looks wonderful !
Phil
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

Ron Hill

Phil : I use Starbright Golden teak oil, but haven't re coated in the last 10? years.

The 1ft square louvered doors on each side and the 16" door(18" frame) at the bottom were purchased from Boat US.  Just saw the same doors in the new Defender catalog.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Jim Price

Thanks for the info.  Just got a Defender catalog in the mail today.  What timing!   :thumb:
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

Ron Hill

Almost forgot to show the top side of the 1/2" insert that I made.  Epoxy-ed on some left over flooring.   :D
Ron, Apache #788