Black Box

Previous topic - Next topic

willie

There is a empty  black box with a screw on cover in my port side cabinet next to the nav station.

What is it for???

Roc

My guess is that it is a mounting area for stereos or CD changers.  I've seen some installations in that location, using a type of 'box' mounted inside the cabinet.  Usually, that area is just another storage cabinet, which is how mine is.

Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

ken003

I have the same thing in my boat, and have been wondering what it is.  I was planning on opening it this spring.  If it is empty, let us know what ideas you have for it.

Ken

Joe Kern

I confirmed with my dealer it is put there for installation of a CD disc changer or similar stereo component.  I unscrewed the two screws and the panel comes right off.  You then actually get use of most of the storage area.  I suepct you could remove the whole thing but since it effectively serves as a shelf I kept it and use it for storage above and below.

Joe
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

Jack Hutteball

I have the same thing on my hull #1555.  That is where I mounted my sterio/CD player works great and easy to run wires to the main panel and for speakers in the raceway that runs under it in the storage areas behind the cushions.
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington