Fitted Sheets

Previous topic - Next topic

JulesIvan

Has anyone purchased fitted sheets for the V-berth and/or aft cabin? I would appreciate any experiences, good or bad, and advice on where to best purchase them. Many thanks.

Jay Levine
"Jayzark II"
Hull No. 511

c34member

Get a set of king (queen works but not as well) size sheets.  Fold the bottom once on itself along the edge and sew down that seam.  You now have a triangular sheet that won't come untucked from the foot.  It is a bit lumpy in use though.

jentine

Several years ago, my wife bought two sets of sheets and took them to a seamstress with the cushions for our aft cabin.  The cost was minimal and the product has been great.

PLKennedy

We ordered two sets with the "Snow Goose"  They are a little tight at the head, and tend to pull the corners up, and then they pop off.  Beats a sleeping bag, however.

Peter

bjmansfield

we use an air mattress on top of the aft cushions.
much more comfortable than the cushions alone and much less expensive than a custom mattress.

they can be hard to find these days but water bed sheets fit the air mattress perfectly.  if you aren't familiar with water beds, the bottom sheet is fitted and the top sheet is sewn to the bottom sheet at the foot so you never have the top sheet pull out, etc.

you can also buy elastic "garter belts" at specialty home stores that are made for keeping sheets on mattresses and they work great.

jentine

My wife doesn't like the fittet sheets we had made.  She dug out an tried a sheet we bought at a boatshow a couple of years ago.  I fit great.  The sheets have draw strings in the four corners and it fits like a glove.  The webb address is www.boatbunksheets.com.

Fulvio

I recently bought a set of jersey-type cotton sheets for the aft cabin.  I believe they are Queen sized.  I am extremely happy.  The material stretches and fits the cushions perfectly, and the sheet never comes off.  I washed them 3 times already, and they still work great.
The material feels very good, too.

:)

Fulvio Casali
Seattle WA
Soliton
#929 (1989)

summerbreeze

We also bought the ready meade sheet for the V berth with the strings you pull..We love them. We now have sets and have given the ones I cut and adjusted with elastic to Good WIll...someone is probably trying to figure out what they are.

Ken