Winter Cover

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Blake

I'm considering buying a wiinter cover instead of wrapping the boat every winter. Has anyone used, and can recommend, a local manufacturer (local to Deale, MD; Annapolis, MD, or Alexandria, VA) who makes winter covers for sailboats? Does anyone have a recommended material (sunbrella, oddessy, etc.)? Estimated costs? Ease of install? Thanks. ---RAB
Last Call
1998 C34 MK II
Hull #1414

Ron Hill

frz : Look about 15 posts below your's and you have my thoughts.  Also look in Projects and you'll have my pictures.
Call around to some the canvas shops and see what they can do.  North Sails makes covers (I've seen them) and I'm sure that others also will make them.  Cost -- unknown + $$.   :?:
Ron, Apache #788

SteveLyle

Before last winter I went to http://www.fairclough.com/ and ordered their boom tent cover.  They have measurements of most production boats, including the C34.  It fit well.  Material is heavy duty synthetic - they refer to it as 'alligatoro skin' - very tough.  Goes on the boat in about 30 minutes.  They do full hull covers as well, but I couldn't justify the cost.  The boom tent was about $2k, full hull was more than twice that.  I wanted to keep uv off my woodwork, leaves/bird droppings off my deck, and ice/snow off everything (especially the cockpit).  This does that very well.

Roc

You may want to call Lippincott Canvas, 856-764-8282.  Very reasonable cost and easy to install/take down. 
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD