Put your boat on the MAP!

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Imhof

Visit www.c34..org/maps/ownerRegistryDb-map.php and put your boat on the map. You will need your GPS or chart co-ordinates. You might want to also install google earth. I did and what a trip. It's great. I tried using the OpenGL method because the directX didn't work on my computer.

Ted Pounds

I'm feling kind of lonly here in the midwest.  :cry4`  Where are the rest of you midwesterners?  I know you're out there.  By the way, the satellite view is the coolest.  Though it looks like I'm ablut 100 meters off on pin plcement.  I park my boat at slip O-74 not in the middle of the channel.  :D
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Susan Ray

You feel lonely!! Move the cursor west and check out the middle of the Pacific. There I am! ....fun site.
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

skip

Ted-

I noticed a similar thing when I tried to place my boat in my slip.    Seems I keep coming up slightly off out in the Atlantic Highlands Marina channel...
Michael & Helene Scipione - Virtual Reality 840
Lincroft, New Jersey

Craig Illman

I think Google Map uses a different datum than the default WGS 84 that my Garmin uses. I couldn't find any reference on the Google Map site that says what datum (of the dozens) that they're using.

Mike Smith

What is the entry for "Region"? USA, Southeast, FL???

Mike

rmbrown

I see that this thread is old so maybe this feature no longer exists but, when I try to see the map, I get this...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'c34org5_c34'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/c34org5/public_html/maps/ownerRegistryDb-map.php on line 473
Unable to select database
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

Sue Clancy

With the new website design we consolidated several older member databases into a new tool. We no longer use this boat on the map link. We now have the owner database here

http://c34.org/owner-database/
Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

Paulus

Sue,
I thought that I had my info in this database, or with the update do we have to re-enter our info?
Paul

PS:  How do I edit my info or add to the info on the database?
Cool Change 1989 #944

Dave Spencer

I had my info in the previous data base but I just re-entered it at the link Sue provided.  Strangely, someone else claimed my hull number.  Likely a typo.
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Braxton

Quote from: Sue Clancy on February 23, 2017, 04:17:50 AM
With the new website design we consolidated several older member databases into a new tool. We no longer use this boat on the map link. We now have the owner database here

http://c34.org/owner-database/

Sue,

Sorry that my first contribution to this thread is a criticism but...

It looks like we are exposing people's email addresses to the broader internet.    That info should be obfuscated until someone is logged in with a validated account.

We're doing people a big disservice by exposing their email address like that.
Braxton Allport
1988 #805, Ballou - Tacoma WA

Paulus

Sue,
I believe that Braxton has a valid point about security.  Maybe it should be setup the same as the technical notes??
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Fred Koehlmann

Or just don't show the email. We can always get in touch with each other via the message board.
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

Sue Clancy

I have put something in place to display the word "hidden" instead of the email address of the person.  I am still asking for the email as this is needed to let everyone self manage there own info.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my first post on this.  You do need to re-enter your info, we felt that some of the older databases where out of date and that we should just start from scratch.
Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

Braxton

Quote from: Sue Clancy on February 24, 2017, 07:02:08 AM
I have put something in place to display the word "hidden" instead of the email address of the person.  I am still asking for the email as this is needed to let everyone self manage there own info.

Thank you  :D
Braxton Allport
1988 #805, Ballou - Tacoma WA