ACCESS TO MAINSHEET ARTICLES

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Brener

I tried to pull up a past article from the Mainsheet.  I tried to enter from C34.0rg but when asked for a user name and password it would not accept it.  I used the user name and password that allows me to enter the Forum.  Is this feature up and running? I know, I could have used the incorrect entry but I tried various combinations.  Any suggestions from the web master.
Jim Brener
Wind Spirit  1987  #504

Stu Jackson

Folks, This subject is probably the highest rated question I receive as secretary, offline.

Because of that, I wrote the following in recent issues of Mainsheet.

May 2005 Mainsheet Magazine – C34 Secretary's Report

Our subject this edition is "Unraveling the Mysteries of C34 Membership." There appears to be some confusion about the term "Membership" primarily between the C34 International Association (C34IA) and the Forum/Message Board. They are two separate things. Membership in the C34IA affords you many opportunities, including half price BoatUS membership, Mainsheet magazine, and the free CD-ROM that contains the FAQs, Projects and Tech Notes from 1987 to 2001. C34IA Membership also provides you with the username and password that are required to gain access to the Tech Notes Online. The entire rest of the website and the Forum/Message Board is open to everyone. To join the C34IA print out and fill in the form at JOIN on the main website home page, and mail your check to me.  We'll send you your CD-ROM and the username and password for the Tech Notes Online.

The website's Forum/Message Board also requires a username and a password. You personally make these up when you initially register. We encourage you to use your real name as a username to avoid future problems. However, we cannot help you if you lose your password, that's all yours. When posting to the Forum/Message board, identify your hull/sail number and where you're located to help others answer your specific questions. 

To summarize: Signing up for the Message Board doesn't make you a member of the C34IA. Also, please don't confuse the need for a password for the message board as membership in the C34IA. The C34IA website is open and free for everyone to use, but for the Tech Notes Online you need to be a C34IA member to register and select your personal username and password. Instructions to sign onto the Forum/Message Board are located in Forum Announcements.

August 2005 Mainsheet Magazine

In the May issue, my secretary's report was "Unraveling the Mysteries of C34 Membership."  I may have "raveled" some with the following text: "The C34IA website is open and free for everyone to use, but for the Tech Notes Online you need to be a C34IA member to register and select your personal username and password."  That's just wrong, sorry.  For the Tech Notes Online you need to be a C34IA member and we provide you with the username and password.  For the Forum/Message Board you select your own username and password.  My apologies for any confusion.

IF YOU NEED THE PASSWORD FOR THE TECH NOTES ONLINE, WHICH IS FOR C34IA MEMBERS, please write to me via email at mraquaq@aol.com.  Once you have it, please, either have your computer remember it, and/or write it down.  Thanks.

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."