Balmar 912-75 and Universal 25xp

Previous topic - Next topic

ejryan

Ron,

In late 2003, I purchased oil filters and fuel filters for my M25-XP online from tractorsmart.com.  The oil filters were the "old" Kubota part no. 70000-15241 and the fuel filters were no. 15221-43170 (which replaced part no. 70000-43081).  I just checked the site, and they are carrying oil filters under both the new and old part nos.  Do you know what the difference is between these two oil filters?

Ed

PHIL

Ron
I have been useing the Napa filter #1064  (I think this is the currect number) have you heard anyone haveing any trouble with the  Napa filters??
Thanks
Phil

tandm

The Napa 1064 is a Napa Gold oil filter which means its really a Wix oil filter. (Only the label on the outside of the filter is changed.) Wix filters are considered by many to be among the best available.  My son-in-law, auto mechanic turned PHD candidate in  Immunology, feels that Wix filters are about as good as you can get at the consumer lever.

td

paule

Ron,
Will the above filters fit the 35 universal

Paul
Paul & Lynn Erb
Yachta Yachta Yachta
C34 2003 #1634
Rotonda West, FL 33947

jentine

I went to my local canvas shop with the necessary measurements and a piece of cloth and he fabricated the cover.
Jim Kane

Mike Smith

Jim -

I've thought about doing that, too. Do you have any photos of the cover? I assume it's zippered. I've recently seen a keel-stepped mast with a base on the sole similar to the collar the mast goes through on deck.  It was fitted with a mast boot and looked very neat - another project for the ever lengthening list!

Mike

arobart

According to my wife, this is one of the easier boat projects.  She measured the height and circumference of the mast adding 2" to both dimensions, purchased white vinyl leatherette, 1" wide velcro and a small tube of Velcro adhesive at a fabric outlet.  Once the adhesive is dry install the cover with the seam forward and to starboard making it pretty well out of sight. Looks really good and cleans up with a damp cloth.

john daley

It seems strange that Catalina say that they never made them. Our Catalina 34 #1490 (1999) came with just such a vinyl cover on the compression post and every other catalina around that period, that I have seen, has one also. It  has a velcro joining strip which we keep pointing forward and its unobtrusive. Perhaps they never made them for the earlier models which may have a different diameter compression post.

Stu Jackson

Vic

We did some research awhile ago about keel vs deck stepped boats.

Here's the answer:

http://c34.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=329609511&f=829605811&m=390600911&r=390600911#390600911

As far as the cover goes, what is the purpose?  If it's for noise, then if you have mast slapping, it's most likely the wiring.  We had that problem a few years ago and when we redid the standing rigging, we had the mast pulled and the offending wire installed in the conduit.

If it's for condensation, you're having a long season :), and it sounds like a good idea!

If it's cosmetic, nice choice, I think you'll be able to pick your color.  :)

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Dave Barger

Check out www.boatleather.com. They have mast covers, spinaker pole covers, turnbuckle covers, etc.  We bought a generic wheel cover for our 27 a couple of years back, then ordered a custom fitted cover for our 34 last January at the Strictly Sail show in Chicago.  There are many colors to choose from and the people are great to work with.
DBL VISION
1990 #1025

Ted Pounds

I'd say measure the line you have and add on whatever desired extra you want.

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Ted Pounds

You don't need to take the line off the drum to measure it; just unroll it all the way and measure it while it's still on.  ;)

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

reedbr

You've probably already done this, but make sure when the sail is furled that there is only a couple wraps left on the drum.  If you have too many wraps on the drum to start, you won't have enough line left when it is unfurled.  When I put the sail back on every spring, I have to orient the line on the drum before putting the sail up the slider.
Brian Reed
1997 C34 mkII "Ambitious"
St. Mary's River, MD

Ken Krawford

Vic,
I'm not sure what model is on your '87 but my '88 has connections in the rear of the heater for the heat exchanger lines.  This is the side away from the access door on the end of the galley counter.
Ken Krawford
C350 Hull 351  2005 Universal M35B

Joe Nalley

Vic,

I have an '87 C34, Hull 415 and we replaced with a Seaward unit and it has front-end connections.  You will need to remove the molding around the access entrance. Took about 2 hours and I am not known for expediency. Ask the Admiral.

Joe