Cleaning Cabin Sole?

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

Hi, I'm glad I finally got on.  I really hope someone can give us some advice!  We have a 2001 34MII that was damaged in hurricane Charley.  It took a year to get it repaired down here in Punta Gorda, FL.   The marina did a fine job on the repairs but left our cabin floor so dirty.  We don't know what to use to clean it.  We don't want to ruin the beautiful wood.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best cleaner?  Any info would be appreciated.  Thank You. Lee Blizard  My e-mail is Leeblizard2@wmconnect.com

SteveLyle

The sole is varnished wood, so you shouldl be able to use anything that you would normally use to clean a wood floor in your home (water/detergent and a scrub brush).  Worst case, you can always chemically strip the varnish, and reapply.  As long as you don't screw up the thin teak/ash veneer, you can always recover.

Ken Juul

We have had good luck with Murphys Oil Soap.  However according to hardwood floor experts Murphys will leave a build up of residue from the "oil" so repeated uses may not be wise.  We use it about once a year and haven't had any problems.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

LeeB

Thank you very much for your help.  I never thought of Murphys Oil Soap.  I forgot we even had it.  We have Tile floors and I can't remember what we used up North on our hardwood floors because most were covered with carpeting.  But thank you both very much for your help!!! Lee

Ron Hill

Lee : You have the laminate (NOT wood) "teak/holly" sole. 
I'd call Catalina and ask them.  You might also go to the Loincoin site and see what they say. 
Is it just dirt or some tar/oil?
Ron, Apache #788