Replacing old engine instrument pod with new style

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Arck - Past C34IA Commodore

If anyone has replaced the old engine pod with the new style one, I'd appreciate hearing from you, as I'd like to do it at the same time that I replace the old 1" pedestal guard with the 1 1/4" double-angled one.

thanks,
Jon
jonarck@kelarc.com

windrunr

My current pedestal guard covers the top of my compass and also planning to replace mine. I have looked at the option of replacing the 1" with 1.25" and decided against it.   I am planning to have a local fabricator construct a double bend for approx $120.  If I went with the 1.25 pipe I would have the extra expense of pedestal holder on the binacle plus new feet which would cost me close to the same price as price of a new pedestal. I will use the savings to purchase the Navpods.

My 87 did not have any electronics to speak of when I bought the boat. The new electronics today have much smaller cables and I believe that I will be able to get by with only drilling one hole into the companionway deck to pass the cables. I am planning to install Navman 5500 gps/chartplotter and the Navman 3100 sail package. In addition I will put in an autopilot head (Raymarine or Navico).

Hope this helps in your decision.
Standard Rig, Standard Keel