adding a spinnaker pole, how and how much???

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoaster1358

I have a 1997 hull #1358, and I want to add a spinnaker pole.  Who would I get to do this?  and what would it generally cost?  I am in San Diego.

dave davis

I assume you are adding a S spinnaker and not a A spinnaker. There is no need for a spinnaker pole on a Asymmetrical unless you are going to us it as a Bow Sprint. In light air as in SD you can get away with a smaller and lighter diameter. You will also need a topping lift and a forguy if you are racing in a class or PHRF. If you have a whisker pole, you can make it work for a Spinnaker with some modifications. There are several end fitting hardware that you will need but you will have to talk this subject off with a good rigger. Do you have an adjustable car and track on your mast?
The question you ask is very broad and needs lots of review.
This is just a start.
Dave
Dave Davis San Francisco, 707, Wind Dragon, 1988, South Beach

Bill Sedgwick

I would be glad to show you my setup and discuss local sources. Also, please visit our SDCatA meeting at SGYC the 1st tursday at 7 PM each month. We need you for the new C34 fleet. I bought my pole new at Minneys for $295. My first spinaker cost about $600 from National Sail Warehouse. I estimate rigging costs at $300.

Bill Sedgwick
SchatzSea 1031
George W (Bill) & Jo Ann Sedgwick
SchatzSea #1031

Bill Sedgwick

Correction. San Diego Catalina Association Meeting is the first Wednesday of each month at SGYC.
George W (Bill) & Jo Ann Sedgwick
SchatzSea #1031